Complaint Review: DirecTV

• Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: Che414 — Milwaukee Wisconsin
DirecTV
DIRECTV PO Box 54000 Los Angeles, CA 90054-1000 Los Angeles, California USA

DirecTV I was swindled into paying for services I didn't agree to even after I called to get it taken off. Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: I don't really know what all happened to you and your billing with DirectTV, but...

I signed up for Direct TV back in MAY of 2013. They asked if I wanted a free service of 3 months of movie channels. I agreed and then was charged after those 3 months were up. I called in September of 2013 to get it taken care of and the employee assured me he would take care of it. 5 months later I found I was still being charged for this subscription of movie channels that I didn't ask for.

It wasn't caught right away due to another service being purshased (nba league pass) a month after I called in September of 2013 so we assumed the reason why the bill was higher than usual was because of the nba league pass that was suppose to bill us only 2 months for the two payments for nba league pass. Well after we kept getting outrageously high bills when those 2 months were up it forced me to call and see what was going on finding out we were still being charged for the movie channels.

Direct TV indicated they would only give me a credit of $100 when the total amount lost was $250. They also said they would take $10 off each pay period for the next 12 months and the problem with that is we are pretty sure we do not want to keep their service after being treated this way. After being bounced around for nearly a hour and a half on the phone I gave up and am pretty close to calling back to tell them I no longer want their service because it has been a pain in the butt to deal with this business. I don't know what else to do to recieve fair service from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTV/Los-Angeles-California-90054/DirecTV-I-was-swindled-into-paying-for-services-I-didnt-agree-to-even-after-I-called-to-1122262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTV

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

If you signed up for service in May of 2013, you agreed to a two year contract with a pro-rated early cancellation fee.

You also agreed that they could charge the account you used when you signed up to collect this fee. If they can't collect from your account, you WILL go to collections.

To cancel without penalty, you have to maintain the service for the full two years.

No, I don't work for them or even use their service.  Don't shoot yourself in the foot to get at them.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC