lying

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — Farmington Maine
DirecTV

DirecTV Clueless as to the meaning of term "customer satisfaction" Internet

Five months after initiating service with DirecTV, I was moved from Maine to Arizona.  When I contacted DirecTV to have service established in Arizona, I was told I'd be billed $229 for the move.  However, since I fully planned to fulfill my 2 year contract and then likely renew with DirecTV, I asked for a discussion with a manager to see if I could bargain for a refund of that fee at the time I renewed my contract, as it was a charge that would not have been incurred if I had already been a longer term customer.  I was promised a return call on the escalation in 2 to 3 days.

It's now been a week since the promise was made and still no return call.  Today I will cancel my service with DirecTV, pay them their $380 early cancellation penalty, and order Dish network for my new home (Dish Network is cheaper enough to more than make up for the penalty anyway)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTV/internet/DirecTV-Clueless-as-to-the-meaning-of-term-customer-satisfaction-Internet-1040558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTV