Complaint Review: DirecTv

• Reported By: Dave — Virginia United States of America
DirecTv
1501 West 17th Street Tempe, Arizona United States of America

DirecTv Unauthorized Charge Attempts Tempe, Arizona

I recently cancelled the account because the service was always cutting in and out randomly. Sunny days,
cloudy days whatever it didn't matter. I am not a pushover so due to this less than quality service I told them I was not paying the final bill. I got the final statement that said they would conveniently (for them) charge my debit card on file if payment was not received within 15 days. So I called them and said that this is not going to happen and that I was officially telling them that they were not authorized to charge my debit card for any amount. Here comes the funny part. They basically told me that nobody in the entire DirecTV universe could stop this transaction from occurring. They said it is already set up in their system and even if the earth exploded there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. Obviously a complete lie. You can not expect any intelligent person to believe that there is nothing anyone could do.

Now I'm going to tell you how to avoid this. You could call you bank and stop payment but DirecTV is going to continue to attempt to take the money even without authorization until they finally do so this is not the best route. Just tell your bank that your debit card was lost. They cancel it immediately and send you a new card with a new number. There is nothing DirecTV can do at that point. Winning! Send me to collections, I don't care. I own my home, cars and do not use credit cards so it really does not effect me at all.

The next problem is this. They are supposed to send equipment return boxes. When I asked why mine had not arrived
within the time period they they were supposed to they said they had sent them out twice and that the system was now telling them that I had to FedEx the equipment back to them with my own money. I just laughed at that. It was so
funny I though the person was practicing their stand up comedy act. I said that is not happening, oh and by the way what were the tracking numbers for the equipment return boxes? After a few minutes of scrambling around they informed
me that there were no tracking numbers. You see my point here? They never sent them. They were lying and trying to get me to pay to return their equipment and they would have charged a fee for non return. I told them the equipment is going in the trash and I am not paying the final bill. So not only do they get a rip-off report (attempted rip-off report I should say) but they will never get my business or anyone else's business that is related to me.

Winning!

Goodbye DirecTV. Send me to collections you liars. I will fight this with everything I can. Ladies and gentlemen do not be strong armed by these huge corporations. Use your brain and do not get ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTv/Tempe-Arizona-/DirecTv-Unauthorized-Charge-Attempts-Tempe-Arizona-756456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTv