Complaint Review: DirecTv

• Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: vdub90vw — Cedar Rapids Iowa United States of America
DirecTv

DirecTv CenturyLink and Bundling of bills spells doom for customers, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Directv are rude ripoff artists!

*Consumer Comment: The Truth

I cancelled service after 30 months on a 24 month contract only to be billed a contract break fee.  Since I had bundled billing CenturyLink paid the erroneous fee and then proceeded rto call be everyday, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and into New Years.  I called DirecTv and demamded to speak to Ellen Filipaik and Mike White onle to be told their time is more important than mine.

Needless to say that pissed me off.  Not only did they call me everyday on my vacation of 11 days, I spent at least an hour, daily, on the phone with DirecTv and another with CenturyLink.  I tried to get them to 3 way but since I was no longer a customer of DirecTv they were not obligated to speak to CentuiryLink.  I officially hate DirecTv and will do everything in my power to get my 11 days of vacation back by whatever means necessary.  I will not waiver from this and will pursue thuis until I am satisfied with the result, whatever that may be.

To top it all off, I had to pay the $360 in order to protect my credit.  Totally rediculous.  The way I see it, DirecTv owes me about 30 hours of time.  If DirecTv can pay some drone to contact upset customers they can pay em for time lost due to their mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTv/internet/DirecTv-CenturyLink-and-Bundling-of-bills-spells-doom-for-customers-Internet-825198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTv

Directv are rude ripoff artists!

AUTHOR: Geina - (U.S.A.)

DirecTV is notorious for ripping people off! They've been sued by at least 46 states for deceptive practices, such as renewing people's contracts without telling them.

I know for a fact they call seven days a week, at all hours, and I know for a fact that they're rude. I do not doubt this story at all. I can imagine the disgruntled customer base now that they have blacked out the twenty-six Viacom channels. I tell everyone considering DirecTV to RUN not walk, from them.

The Truth

AUTHOR: The Truth Hurts - (United States of America)

I assume you renewed your contract, or your contract autorenewed, and you may or may have not known.  You probably should have checked that before you cancelled.

Two questions:

1. Did they really call you on all 11 days of your vacation, even Sunday?  That's odd..
2. Did they really say that your time was not "as important" as Ellen and Mike's when you called.
"Yes, can I speak to Ellen?"
 "No sorry ma'am, their time is much more valuable than yours."
Now that is some bad customer service..LOL

Do you by chance have that on tape?  You can attach a file to a post here, that would be amazing to hear!!!