Complaint Review: DirecTv

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Beyond Livid!!! — Manville Rhode Island
DirecTv
Internet USA

DirecTv DirecTV took money out of my bank account for someone else's account!!!  Internet

*General Comment: final out come

My ex and I had DirecTv. It was under his name but I often paid the bill. I moved out a few months ago with my daughter and thought nothing of it. My email address was the one that we had set up as a log in, but I had never gotten anything from them so out of sight, out of mind.

This morning I noticed that I had a negative balance in my account, which I knew wasn't correct. In looking into it, there was a charge from DirecTv for nearly $260!!! After looking at their website, it appears that my ex has either cancelled the service or just didn't pay the bill (I no longer have contact with him, so I have no idea).

I called their Customer Service number and explained the situation to the woman who told me there was nothing she could do since my card was one of the cards used to make payments. I told her I understand, however this IS NOT my account, it belongs to my ex and that they should pursue further collection with him. I explained that I am a single parent, that I can't just have money taken out and that I never received any information stating that the account was cancelled or delinquent. She insisted that they have sent multiple emails (which I have not received even a single thing, not even a promotional one) and that maybe I should check my folders again!!!! I then told them that I would dispute the charge with my bank since this is not even my account and that I would like my card removed so no further action will be taken against me. She told me she will not remove my card and that it will be charged again until the entire balance is taken care of!!!!

These people are absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional. I could understand if were my account and the money was taken out (she tells me this is part of their policy, however, as the account was not mine to begin with, I didn't know this) but this is not my account!

Going to dispute the charges and close down that account so that nothing else is taken out. Also plan on reporting them and their practices to the BBB and anyone else that I can. In researching the issue, it seems that this is happening to a lot of people, even those like me who don't even have an account with them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 05:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTv/internet/DirecTv-DirecTV-took-money-out-of-my-bank-account-for-someone-elses-accountnbsp-Int-1056823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTv

#1 General Comment

final out come

AUTHOR: CherylnScott - ()

The same thing just happened to me. My ex had the bill in his name I made payments with my card as he gave me the cash amount to do so. Now they are charging me even though I am not on this account/bill at all. What was your final out come? I have disputed it with my bank.