Complaint Review: DirecTv

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: ak41 — anchorage Alaska
DirecTv

DirecTv Worst Company in Human History, Internet

*General Comment: DirecTV DOES do these things!

*Consumer Comment: Good Luck

In 2012 I entered in to a contract with DirecTv,I was supposed to be given a discounted monthly rate for the first 12 month of a 24 month agreement. I was overcharged every month and had to call customer service every month.My programming changed almost monthly as they deleted channels from my package until,i was paying double for not even half of the channels,i had originally signed up for.

I planned on fulfilling my contract and disconnecting service,as I grew tired of the constant hassle.

I came home from work one day,to find I had new neighbors,I went next door to introduce myself and learned a technician had been on my property,that afternoon,and had hooked my new neighbors up to my dish. I did not give permission for this as I was plnning on giving DirecTv the boot in a few monts.

I called to complain and was told they dont share dishes.I must be mistaken! If you look out my balcony,clearly,I am not!!!Finally in January 2013,I had enough! neighbors be damned! (sorry)...Directv was OUT! I emailed and called them to disconnect service,they did not disconnect til March,I called constantly and asked what the problem was. Finally they disconnect and send a box for the return of equipment. I send everything back and wait for a final bill......I never get one. What I do get was an unauthorized charge of 260.00 to my credit card! I call and ask What the hell?...thay say 100.00 for raly canellation fee,15.00 for disconnect fee and 143.00 for 2 months service ,January-March......Are you kidding me????!

I call my bank and dispute,thay are no help.they say a merchant has the right to keep your info and charge any money owed.they ask can you prove you dont owe? do you have the final bill? I say NO,i dont,Directv didnt even give me a chance to see a bill...

Do not trust these peopl! they are shady and dishonest!What kind of company keeps finacial info without permission and charges without authorization.? This cant be legal!

Oh,and they refuse to remove the dish,said it was my responsibility!!

I am ripping that frigging thing down and then they can deal with my neighbors when they call them,pissed off,that they dont have service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTv/internet/DirecTv-Worst-Company-in-Human-History-Internet-1043728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTv

#1 General Comment

DirecTV DOES do these things!

AUTHOR: B McGee - ()

Directv does indeed tap into other dishes.  My neighbor had a Dish TV dish, and Directv tapped into it to hook me up.

Absolutely the WORST service on the planet, and I was ready to cancel after the first month!  Of course, they had me tied into a contract, but luckily, my state Attorney General had just sued them for deceptive practices, and with a little legal wrangling and a lot of patience, Directv graciously let me out of my contract.

As for you, Stacey, there is nothing constructive about your trolling, telling people how wonderful Directv is, and what trash we are "for not paying our bills".  I've seen your same stupid reply to many of the people wronged by Directv. The fact that you assume consumers are always wrong says a lot about your own character.  All one must do is look at report after report about Directv on this site to see that you truly are a moron.

Good Luck

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

You signed a contract and did not live up to that agreement.   I have had Directv for 8 years with very little problems. And NO I do not work for them.