cholesterol

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: julie — cudahy Wisconsin United States of America
Direct Alternatives
165 pleasanton ave south portland, Maine United States of America

Direct Alternatives Final Trim Weight Loss "free trial offer" " BEWARE 30 day Free Trial Offer NOT Free " south portland, Maine

In a moment of weakness, my husband called and signed up for this 30 day "free" trial weight loss supplement. After verifying several times that he would only have to pay $7.95 shipping and handling for the first 30 day supply and could cancel at any time, he agreed.

He then gave them our debit card number which was charged twice for the $7.95 S/H charge. I proceeded to do some checking after recieving 2 bottles of these pills in the mail a few days later and not only found them to be useless ( per our family MD)  but also the many incidences of fraud and complaints against the company "Direct Alternatives".

I checked with our bank and noticed the double charge and immediately canceled the debit card before calling this company.  I was told by "Direct Alternatives" quite rudely  my husband must have placed "2 orders" (he did not) They also told me I would be charged $79.90 twice in 30 days as He was free to "try them for the 30" days but then you must pay for them???

I told them no thanks! Cancel now. I was told we must return all "4" bottles (we only received 2)
or we would be charged the $79.90 twice. The very, very rude man yelled at me and told me I would probably get the "other 2 bottles" soon or I could have my bank "fax" proof I was charged twice!

I suggest if anyone has any intentions of dealing with this company you should  think twice. Use a pre-paid card. If you are going to cancel, cancel your credit or debit card before you contact them. This is "false advertising" at it's worse!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Alternatives/south-portland-Maine-04106/Direct-Alternatives-Final-Trim-Weight-Loss-free-trial-offer-BEWARE-30-day-Free-Trial-1008757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Alternatives