isolated

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: rachel c kuta — brownstown Michigan
Direct Auto Protection Plan LLC
601 N. Congress Ave #116A Delray, Florida USA

Direct Auto Protection Plan LLC or Palmer Administrative Services Called claiming to be Chrysler/Jeep regarding extended warranty, gave deposit,cancelled will not return my deposit. Delray Florida

Recieved a call on March 21, 2014, claiming they were representing Chrysler/Jeep regarding my extended warranat that expires at the end of May. Was told $599. down, 10 payments of 156.00. I told them I had 7000 miles on my 2011 Jeep Liberty.

On March 28, 2014 received contract booklet, not only were they not Chrsler, they had raised th payments to $160. for 15 months and had my odometer reading at 6000 miles. I first called Palmer, they told me they would cancel any future payments but I would have to contact Direct Auto to get my refund. I called and left 8 messages on March 31, 2014. I spoke to Ray, I was told the only way to get a refund was to get a certified odometer reading and I could fax it along with a copy of the contract with a line drawn through it with the date of March 31, 2014. I was told I would have a full refund within 10-12 days.

I went to my dealership on April 1st. the represenative told me, that there was no such thing as a certified reading and I would need to generate a document by having work done on my car, which I had an oil change, he also told me that I was not the only one done in by this company, he had seen it many times before. I went to the UPS store and faxed all the info along with a letter. I waited and did not receive my deposit.

I called on April 17th and spoke to Bill, he claimed that my paperwork had never been proccessed and gave me an invalid email address. On April 18th I sent two faxes from my home.  I spoke to Josh, he said my paperwork was being inputed but it would take 30-45 days for my refund. I also told him I would go to their Dearborn, Mi. office to speak directly to someone.  After speaking to him I looked it up, it's a UPS store. I have been calling daily to try to find out the status of my refund, no one answers, I leave a message, no one calls me back.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which the company never responded. Also with the Michigan Attorney General's office and the last two days I have found out they do not have operating liscenses in the states of Florida and Michigan.

They have no reason to hold my deposit, the policy #LOTBF182680, never went into effect, I cancelled within 7 business days upon learning they were not what they said they were. Every person I have spoken to has given me an extension, everytime I call back, they are invalid.

I gave them a check, was told by Palmer they would stop future payments, but when I spoke to Josh he said they were going to be taking out another payment on April 21, 2014.  I had to go to the bank, close out the account and pay for checks to be made on the new account.

All I want is my $599.00 back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Auto-Protection-Plan-LLC/Delray-Florida-33445/Direct-Auto-Protection-Plan-LLC-or-Palmer-Administrative-Services-Called-claiming-to-be-C-1154313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Auto Protection Plan LLC