Complaint Review: Direct Brands Inc - Black Expressions

• Submitted: Mon, March 28, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: flygurlVA — Norfolk Virginia United States of America
Direct Brands Inc - Black Expressions
250 West 34th Street 1 Penn Plaza 4th Floor New York, New York United States of America

Direct Brands Inc - Black Expressions Consumer Beware!!! Scammers at their best New York, New York

Respected Sir/Madam,

This company such be nominated as one of the top scammers. They are billing me for non fulfillment
of a contract that I supposedly entered into with them. First of all, I have closed this account back in May 2010, due to unauthorized charges that were unknown.  Now, 10 months later they are claiming that I owe them $56.40 that is past due - because of an "alledge"contract agreement of purchasing books at the FULL price of their books. Their letter/statement shows three contract charges of $18.80 all dated 3/23/11 - with no description or what the chargers are for. I've called their customer service to get an explanation as why the account is not showing as closed, when at the time I've closed the account by phone & online it clearly showed closed in May 2010.  Also, wanted an explanation of the 3 charges, but then asked I was rudely hung up on.  I've called again and conveniently their offices was closed.  (By the way, all 3 charges are fraudulent) Luckily, they couldn't charge anything on my charge card because it's an expired card.  I have seen many complaints online about this company's business practices. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and I am about to go online and file a complaint with my states attorney general. There is a serious need for an investigation in regards to this company & their unlawful business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Brands-Inc-Black-Expressions/New-York-New-York-/Direct-Brands-Inc-Black-Expressions-Consumer-Beware-Scammers-at-their-best-New-York-711238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Brands Inc - Black Expressions