Complaint Review: Direct Buy - The Sequoia Group Burbank, LLC / Rochelle Perry / Jay Tessel

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By:Artesia California
Direct Buy - The Sequoia Group Burbank, LLC / Rochelle Perry / Jay Tessel
2850 Ontario Street Burbank, California United States of America
  • Phone: 818-333-2426
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Direct Buy - The Sequoia Group Burbank, LLC / Rochelle Perry / Jay Tessel Sold membership under false pretenses with false promises Burbank California

*Consumer Comment: It worked out quite well for me and my husband.

*Author of original report: Direct Buy of Burbank, CA - UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: You should be happy & count your blessings....

On September 15, 2007, my mother, my husband, and I went to an open house at the Direct Buy of Burbank. Jay Tessel sold us a membership naming my mother and I as co-members. We have a signed contract to this effect. We were promised an additional card for my husband to use by Mr. Tessel.

It took 2 phone calls to reach Director of Member Services, Rochelle Perry, and she basically told me that the contract is fraudulent on November 14, 2007. If this is fraud it is fraud on behalf of the company because the sales person, Mr. Jay Tessel drew up the contract.

In my conversation with Ms. Perry she informed me that she has no choice but to cancel the contract. Ms. Perry also said that since the contract was drawn up incorrectly my mother and I would need to sign a new contact as two separate memberships in order for us both to use the services.

I think this is not only unsightly problem with selling practices, but is also a customer service issue. We are being penalized because a sales person sold a membership incorrectly. As a result, I choose not to deal with this company and I will inform as many people as I can about its shady selling and business practices.

We are asking for a full refund of all monies paid to Direct Buy and its financing company.

Elise Artesia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2007 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy-The-Sequoia-Group-Burbank-LLC-Rochelle-Perry-Jay-Tessel/Burbank-California-91504/Direct-Buy-The-Sequoia-Group-Burbank-LLC-Rochelle-Perry-Jay-Tessel-Sold-membership-285072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy - The Sequoia Group Burbank, LLC / Rochelle Perry / Jay Tessel

It worked out quite well for me and my husband.

AUTHOR: Delilah - (U.S.A.)

We shopped at several places beforehand and we were quite happy with the amount we saved

Direct Buy of Burbank, CA - UPDATE

AUTHOR: Elise - (U.S.A.)

I have read through quite a number of complaints from consumers whom have been burned by Direct Buy. Fortunately, I was able get out of this situation before it got any worse. Obviously, Mr. Anderson does not realize that our situation was not as dire, this is yet another example of why not to deal with Direct Buy. Apparently, the salesperson will tell you anything to sell you a membership. Mr. Thomas's rebuttal comment was useless and insignificant. Perhaps Mr. Thomas would like to kiss Mr. Tessel. But, that is neither her nor there. I hope this story helps other consumers. For all other interested parties, we were rightfully given a full refund. We are relieved. If you find yourself in a similar situation, write a letter to the Director of Member Services and copy the Owner and only deal with them in writing. You can find the Owner's contact information on the Better Business Bureau. If you would like a copy of our letters, I would be happy to submit them through Ripoff Report if it is possible.

You should be happy & count your blessings....

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Almost all other complaints about D-B are really NEGATIVE. The usual complaint seems to be that you spend $4000 or more upfront, and then you pay the same DELIVERED price as other retailers but you receive much worse & slower service.

Maybe you should go back and kiss Mr. Jay Tessel ?