Complaint Review: Direct Buy - directbuy.com

• Reported By:Tonawanda New York
Direct Buy - directbuy.com
directbuy.com Buffalo, New York United States of America

Direct Buy - directbuy.com Ripoff was intrigued, but skeptical Buffalo New York

I had seen the commercials for Direct Buy early in the morning several times. I have to admit that I was skeptical... But we are planning on buying all new furniture, drapery, a big screen tv, and a new bedroom set, and I figured I'd look into this DirectBuy company when I got home from work. I wanted to see if they had a website first, we're on the national do not call list, and I know that even calling them for information can give them the right to call us.

I did find the site with no trouble, but it was largely uninformative. It said nothing more than what I had heard in the 10 minutes I listened to it while I was getting ready for work. The raving customer reviews were dry and seemed perfectly scripted... That was the first thing that lead me to suspicion.

I was curious to see how much membership costs... Here I am, naively thinking it'd be... maybe $100... but I couldn't find anywhere where their fees were listed. That raised my suspicions a little more. I was really hoping to find where I could look up items, and see what they're charging.

I'd understand I wouldn't have access to their full catalog, but if I could just check out a few things, I could get a good idea for what I'm in for... LOL- I used to watch THE PRICE IS RIGHT, alot, and I've gotten very good at pricing things.

I decided to do a websearch for "direct buy reviews" and I think I clicked on maybe 10 different links, and not one had anything good to say about this company. That is what helped me make my mind up.

Ultimately, I'm leaving this message to thank all of you, and ripoffreport for your insight. Although it's HORRIBLY unfortunate what you've all been through, if nothing else comes of it, I just want you to know, that some good has come of it. You're saving other prospecive consumers from making the same mistake, as long as they do their research. Good luck to all of you with the whole scam, and don't quit fighting it!

Carrie Tonawanda, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2006 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy-directbuycom/Buffalo-New-York-14225/Direct-Buy-directbuycom-Ripoff-was-intrigued-but-skeptical-Buffalo-New-York-173945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy - directbuy.com