Complaint Review: Direct Buy

102 Chelsea Pky Boothwyn, Pennsylvania United States of America

Direct Buy I WANT TO CANCEL!! Boothwyn Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Their selection of products is really great

*Consumer Comment: Do Your Research Before Buying

I've been with direct buy for the past two years and have attempted to cancel my membership within the first month of having it. When I went to the actual meeting to sign up, I was told by the sales person that it was possible to cancel. But when I spoke with the manager of the store (some lady, don't recall her name) she said I couldn't cancel. I was pissed when I heard this and decided to call the corporate office, which was a waste of time.

I decided to keep my membership, but now the more I think about it, I don't want it. I never used the membership because everything is way too high and I can get better deals some where else. Does anyone know who I can contact to cancel?

Nisa Coatesville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/Boothwyn-Pennsylvania-19061/Direct-Buy-I-WANT-TO-CANCEL-Boothwyn-Pennsylvania-383641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy

Their selection of products is really great

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

We spent hours just poring through the catalog in the showroom

Do Your Research Before Buying

AUTHOR: Courtney In Hillsborough - (U.S.A.)

As with many other companies, you need to cancel within a certain timeframe. If you did not cancel within the first couple of days, it was probably too late to cancel. Typical of Direct Buy complaints, there seems to be a lack of research before investing thousands of dollars. I am also a Direct Buy customer and I am very happy with my membership. That is because I researched and knew what I was going to purchase before I ever bought my membership. I saved over $10,000 with my Direct Buy membership, but the only reason that is the case is because my home was flooded and the items I bought were high ticket items that I had to buy new (Pella windows and top of the line cabinetry, as well as household appliances that were destroyed in the flood). There is no help for people who don't do the research before purchasing the membership. If you aren't going to be buying items like the ones I bought, it probably is not worth it to go with Direct Buy. Plus, it is such a pain in the patootie to look through all those catalogs and then fill out the order forms, that you really need to know what you want before you even step foot in the door. Hopefully, this will be a good lesson to be a good consumer before purchasing something.