Complaint Review: Direct Buy

• Reported By:Lewisville Texas
Direct Buy
611 E Highway 121 Coppell, Texas United States of America

Direct Buy Poor Customer Service Coppell Texas

The report from "Joe in Dallas" was spot on. I just wanted to personally add my "experience" so that the next person can carefully weigh their options before they make a decision on whether to join Direct Buy, or not.

I joined Direct Buy in June of 2008. I was taken in with all of the potential money I was going to save on my guest bathroom remodel. Fast forward to today...and my bathroom is still incomplete. What happened?

Early July 2008, I made an order for a toilet, a vanity, and a sink with all the fixtures. Honestly, the amount of money that I was going to save was quite significant...or so I was told. The associate told me that I would be receiving a call when the shipment came in. Shipping was to take 4-6 weeks (pretty much standard). 4-6 weeks later and no call. I called them and was told someone would call me back. 2 weeks later and I call back again, this time I'm told that some of my items are on back order, meaning I'd have to wait another few months. This same routine continues until December 2008 and an associate finally realizes that there might be an issue here.

Now, granted that the manufacture was back ordered and could not ship my items out when expected...but it should not have taken 6+ months for someone to look at this order history and say, "Hey, maybe we should talk to the manufacturer or find a different manufacturer for our member to order from." And as a "valued member" of Direct Buy, I didn't expect to have to call them every month to find out the status of my shipment and hear that there was another delay, isn't that why they have associates working there?

If you want to possibly save some money and don't need your items immediately, signing up with Direct Buy could be good for you. Just know that you're signing up for a locked in 3 year contract and there is no allowance for early termination (so I've learned the hard way). I'm stuck for another 2 years and will begrudgingly continue to use and pay for their "services".

It's your money and your decision. Good Luck.

JT Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/Coppell-Texas-75019/Direct-Buy-Poor-Customer-Service-Coppell-Texas-411882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy