Complaint Review: Direct Buy

Direct Buy BEWARE! Stalkers!!!! Gurnee Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Its true that you can save

*Consumer Suggestion: BULL!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Will place on the DNC list

This young man called me during the summer to set up one of those "open houses". I replied that it would be nearly impossible to have my husband off on any given day since emergencies always arise. Well, anyways, these people have been stalking us by phone 7 days and nights a week. Either our home phone is called or my personal cell is called. Not once or twice a day, more like 15-20 or more times a day. I NEVER answer their calls anymore. Right now, I think they are beginning to "get it" because they will call and always hang up on the answering machine and now they just keep ringing my cell phone. I'm telling all you out there--------BEWARE....these subhumans are phone-stalkers!! If they ever call you, say "no thanks" never give additional phone numbers and, run from them like they have ebola!!!! UNREAL, I say! be careful! Kimmy

Kimmy halfday, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/Gurnee-Illinois/Direct-Buy-BEWARE-Stalkers-Gurnee-Illinois-292332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy

Its true that you can save

AUTHOR: Delilah - (U.S.A.)

They offer you a lot products for your home that are cheaper than in the stores - thats not a lie

#2 Consumer Suggestion

BULL!

AUTHOR: ? - (U.S.A.)

I know how the system works, especially the automated phone book. By the time you take someone off the call list it was most likely already regenerated! That's why people still keep receiving calls. For everyone else, never give your number to the people at their work number. Ask for theirs and call them on it. Especially the owners if they are serious. Trust me, they hate it. Also most likely the people dont dial your number, a computer probably dials it and callers just wait for you to pick up their call. With an enthusiastic hello, they fast talk you into coming in to their store. They call a lot because they get paid ,commissions, only when they sign people. What the amount is differs from franchise to franchise. Lets just say that these franchises are as bad as the banks during the savings and loans era back in the day. they want your money and thats it. just look at all the charges incurred during your order.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Will place on the DNC list

AUTHOR: Directbuy Owner - (U.S.A.)

I am the owner of the Gurnee center. I would like to offer to the person with the complaint of putting them on our DNC list. Unfortunately we would need more information such as the phone number and last name to search our computer files. Just give us a call at 847-855-8454, and ask to speak to the owner about being put on the DNC list. We will be happy to oblige so that you no longer receive calls from us.