• Report: #202366

• Updated: Fri, June 10, 2011

• Reported By:Queen Creek Arizona
Direct Buy
1435 N. Hayden Road #101 Scottsdale,, Arizona United States of America

Direct Buy The biggest rip off ever! DO NOT become a member! Lost $4600. RIP OFF RIP OFF RIP OFF is all I can say! Scottsdale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Take advantage of your membership

*Consumer Comment: Fight back against Direct Buy

I have a long story. I wont post all of it. All I have to say is, I lost $4600 to these scam artists! You DO NOT save what you pay for membership! Everthing I "attempted" to by was cheaper at the store. The owner would not refund my money. I told the owner that if I came across a "prospective" member I would give them my opinion an then he said I wasnt allowed in his establishment. So I now have a $4600 membership to a place I am not allowed in.

Bottom line. Very rude, money hungry owner. STEALS FROM YOU! RIPP OFF!!! Dont be fooled by the " you have to decide today or you cant be a member" high pressure sales tactics. One of the worst choices I have ever made. PLEASE dont do it.

I filed a complaint with the REAL BBB and got nowhere. Nobody cares about the consumer, nobody!! Thank goodness for places like this. I just hope I can stop someone from throwing away thier money like I did.

L Queen Creek, Arizona

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2006 04:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/Scottsdale-Arizona-85257/Direct-Buy-The-biggest-rip-off-ever-DO-NOT-become-a-member-Lost-4600-RIP-OFF-RIP-OFF-R-202366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy

Take advantage of your membership

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

I have been a member for almost 2 years now and have already saved more than the membership fee for 3 years. Now that we've bought another home and plan on renovating it, we'll be saving even more. Hopefully double or triple what the membership fee was.

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I, too signed a contract with Direct Buy Scottsdale. I cancelled my contract in writting as per the contract (the cancellation policy was never reviewed with me), am disputing the credit card charge, I have filed a compliant with the BBB, and submitted a compliant to the Attornety General Terry Goddard.

Please submit your compliant to the Attorney General as well. There is power in numbers!

If Direct Buy works for some people, then good for you. I just want my money back. I paid $990 toward the $5000 membership fee. I want my money back and I will fight until I get all of it back!