Complaint Review: Direct Buy

• Submitted: Sat, December 31, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: Diane — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Direct Buy
19241 David Memorial Drive, Suite 190 The Woodlands, Texas United States of America

Direct Buy Fraudulent sales practices The Woodlands Texas

I went to DirectBuy one weekend after seeing all the promotions.  I had absolutely no intention of signing up - I just wanted to check it out and see if my key was the winning key.  Once there, we were told that one of the services they provide is auto buying.  Since I am looking to purchase a new car, I decided to sign up.

After waiting a week for the password so I could log in to the members web site (I guess they make you wait a week so you won't be able to check out the website and then cancel under the three-day contract cancellation laws), I was unable to find anything about cars.  I called and was told that the cars are under a different website.  On that website.  The first thing you see on the website is a large pink box that says "Warning to those of you who are dealing with most Texas Credit Unions: ... As of this time... can not deal with most Texas Credit Unions."

What kind of ripoff is this??  They sell the membership to Texans by telling us they can save us an average of $5500 on a car, then direct us to a website that says we won't be able to use a Texas Credit Union to buy the car!  I complained to the company to no avail.

A couple of months later, I went by to look at a sample of flooring.  They didn't have it in the warehouse, so they ordered it.  Guess what?  It never came.

This company needs to be shut down and told to refund every member's money.  What a ripoff!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2011 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/The-Woodlands-Texas-77385/Direct-Buy-Fraudulent-sales-practices-The-Woodlands-Texas-816332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy