Complaint Review: Direct Buy

Direct Buy Membership Cancellation Tampa, Florida Nationwide

*Author of original report: Direct Buy

*Author of original report: Direct Buy

*UPDATE Employee: Trying to contact you

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help.

Signed up for Direct Buy Membership - I send in a letter cancelling the membership - due to the fact the items are way overpriced. I would never buy anything from them I can go to other stores Loews, Home Depot for any household item I am searching for and find it way cheaper than Direct Buy. I paid $400.00 at the time, and yet I continue to receive calls to pay the membership. However I did cancel it. The furniture, is overpriced. Should i choose to do household renovations I can get a better quality of cabinets, tiles for less amount. I am able to see the materials as opposed to Direct Buy i choose it from a catalog. Very dissatisfied, and I will never purchase anything from them at all, and would not recommend them to any of my family, friends or colleagues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/nationwide/Direct-Buy-Membership-Cancellation-Tampa-Florida-Nationwide-1141102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy

AUTHOR: Deida02 - ()

The calls were made after i submitted my complaint.

This is the most recent update:

From: Ben Martin <ben@directbuyfortmyers.com>
To:  (((redacted)))
Sent: Fri, Jun 27, 2014 7:12 am
Subject: Re: Luz Diaz 1719518

Luz,

I am awaiting response from my corporate support center to verify the online complaint has been removed. Once this has been verified I'll be in contact with you to begin the cancelation process. Thanks for your patience

Sent from my iPhone

AUTHOR: Deida02 - ()

Received a call and email from Direct Buy they are cancelling my membership and refunding me the initial deposit of $400.00.

Trying to contact you

AUTHOR: DirectBuy - ()

Hi, Deida02. The owners of the club have been trying to contact you, but there isn't a voicemail on the telephone number we have. Can you please e-mail us at social@directbuy.com and send us an alternate phone number so we can help? Thank you.

We'd like to help.

AUTHOR: DirectBuy - ()

Hi Deida. We are sorry to hear that we are losing you as a member. We do have a price comparison program in place for our members. If you could contact us directly at social@directbuy.com and give us more details about your membership experience, we would like to look into this further. Thank you!