Complaint Review: Direct Capital Corporation

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Don — Hilo Hawaii United States of America
Direct Capital Corporation
155 Commerce Way Portsmouth, New Hampshire United States of America

Direct Capital Corporation Direct Capital Corporation's unethical practices cost me $700 Portsmouth, New Hampshire

I needed to new machinery for my business, and contacted Direct Capital, at that time they were calling themselves Direct Lease.

During the application process, their representative told me I could get a much better rate if my banker could provide "better numbers" on my average daily balance. Thinking it was just a simple request to provide an average daily balance from a longer period, I asked my banker. Man, did that piss him off. "We can't change that" he told me, "doing so would be bank fraud"

So I got back to the direct capital guy, and told him to cancel my application, and refund my deposit. He told me they would be glad to cancel the application, but they would keep my $700, as it was their policy.

Well, I called his manager and told him that his representative had urged me to commit bank fraud, so I decided that Direct Lease was not for me. He basically called me a liar, and refused to refund my deposit.

True story. Why would anyone make this stuff up?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Capital-Corporation/Portsmouth-New-Hampshire-03801/Direct-Capital-Corporation-Direct-Capital-Corporations-unethical-practices-cost-me-700-834808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Capital Corporation