Complaint Review: Direct Capital Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, February 11, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 24, 2010

• Reported By: A Contractor ripped off — Grantsville Maryland United States of America
Direct Capital Corporation
155 commerce way Portsmouth, New Hampshire United States of America
  • Phone: 603-501-1000
  • Web:
  • Category:

Direct Capital Corporation I bought bad ebay equipment, paid downpayment to Direct Capital, They wouldnt fund it, and I cant get my money back. Portsmouth, New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Taken care of

*UPDATE Employee: Not standard procedure

Do not use Direct Capital, They will take your money unfairly. After bidding on some equipment on ebay, direct capital was excited to contact me to try to finance, I agreed and they asked me for a downpayment.
  Then they would  not finance the equipment and now will not return my downpayment.  I questioned the legality of this and they said the only way they will return it if is I buy a credit report for $250.00. So they currently are holding approx $1,300.00 for a year and say I have no recourse.

Another ripoff tactic they use is sending you a late fee incorrectly. They will not provide you with a payment history without charging you $25.00.

There are plenty of legit leasing companys out there, use them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Capital-Corporation/Portsmouth-New-Hampshire-03801/Direct-Capital-Corporation-I-bought-bad-ebay-equipment-paid-downpayment-to-Direct-Capita-568105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Capital Corporation

Taken care of

AUTHOR: A Contractor ripped off - (United States of America)

Direct Capital contacted me and reimbursed most of the downpayment (1200.00)

Not standard procedure

AUTHOR: Paul ringuette - (U.S.A.)

Hello!

I cannot identify who you are due to your posting anonymously.  Would be interested in understanding and resolving your issue as what you wrote is not standard procedure.

If I do not hear from you, I will assume you are a competitor or ex-employee who is just trying to stir up trouble.  I'll report back to this rebuttal within a few days if that is the case. In the meantime, you can contact me via the following:

Paul Ringuette