Complaint Review: Direct Cards Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, May 22, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, June 27, 2004

• Reported By:Carneys Point New Jersey
Direct Cards Inc.
8770 Sunset Drive #528, Miami, FL 33173 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Direct Cards Inc. is a rip-off! Fraudulent company! DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME! Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: I Received Direct Cards, Inc. & Began To Check... I hope this scam is reported to the Miami, Fl. police dept

I too received in the mail this incredible opportunity for Homeworkers Needed. $1,000 a week sounded too good to be true. I read the brochure very carefully and must admit, there was one line that did not sit very well with me. "...although as in any work-at-home endeavor, including ours, it's occasionally necessary to perform simple tasks or run small errands, you'll be able to complete your work at home, anywhere you feel comfortable..."

I asked myself, how can you "run errands" while at home? I foolishly sent them $46 anyway, hoping I was reading too much into it. For the past few days, I've been very excited thinking about the possibilities this new endeavor might bring.

On a whim, I typed in "Direct Cards" in the search engine, and couldn't believe my eyes. There were several reports of how people were scammed by this company. They require you to recruit other suckers by posting flyers all over your town. You can't even get your original investment back unless you bring in 200 more people. I quickly called my bank and was able to put a stop payment on the check.

I feel bad for my fellow victims of this scam. At least I am only out $10 for the stop pay, not the $46 like everyone else. If there is something we can all do to stop these people, I am all for it. I will gladly participate. I think I learned my lesson. A final word, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Jo-Ann
Carneys Point, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2004 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Cards-Inc/Miami-Florida-33173/Direct-Cards-Inc-is-a-rip-off-Fraudulent-company-DONT-GIVE-THEM-A-DIME-Miami-Florida-92535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Cards Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Vicki - (U.S.A.)

I hope this scam is reported to the Miami, Fl. police dept. Those that have sent $ need to definately file a report. Perhaps it can be done online or at the least in writing. The yellow printed letter is worded excellently & note the "Warmest regard, THE FRIENDLY STAFF OF OUR HIRING DEPARTMENT".

My husband & I had decided to register for this until I went online & saw this webpage. I do know that "Inc." means Direct Cards is suppose to be listed with the State of Florida Corporation Commissions. The States records of business that are corporations, inc., LLC, partnerships, etc.

If this is a scam using "Inc." is a source to check with the Florida Corporation Commissions. Most states have an online page (which I am going to look for) which is PUBLIC INFORMATION with no charge in most states I believe. Note that the Direct Cards Inc. does not say "Inc." in the enclosed return envelope for registration.

Nor in registration form. It is used on the nicely printed envelope directed to the receiver! ME! A regular postage stamp rather than company postal mail (odd for Inc.) & printed return address of Direct Cards, Inc. is a physical street address with a "#528". # can mean apts., rented business builings, rental boxes at rental box companies.

This information needs to be reported to Miami Fraud Police. I live in Arizona & have no idea how my home address was obtained for this.