Complaint Review: Direct Cards

• Submitted: Mon, June 20, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, June 20, 2005

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
Direct Cards
8770 Sunset Drive #528 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Direct Cards Complete Rip-off! False Advertisement! Miami Florida

I was at the moment a mother-to-be in premature labor and was strictly ordered to be on bed rest. I was forced to quit my job. When I thought things were coming to an end I received a yellow piece of paper by mail indicating a stay at home job putting envelopes together for $2.00 for every completed envelope. With a promise of reimbursement after sending in a certain amount of envelopes back. I thought of this as a great opportunity due to my condition especially since it was a stay at home job.

So I sent a check for $46.00 thinking this will help my income situation, and received the package within a month. I thought all my financial problems were solved. Excited to start at once I opened the package. Skimming through the information I was extremely dissapointed to the instructions I had to follow. The letter said nothing about posting flyers. It said I would never have to leave home.

Reading the pamphlets I was extremely emotional. I thought I could buy the neccesities I needed to raise my future child with this new job, but couldn't. There is a way to get a refund back but half of the people available were unknown and unreachable and we would have to provide proof of attempts, but even that was unsuccessful. This proves the point of false advertisement.

I just wish I didn't even send that check out. The money I sent was very important and could of been put to much better use. I regret not researching about it then. I just wish I could get my money back.

Anonymous
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2005 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Cards/Miami-Florida-33173-3512/Direct-Cards-Complete-Rip-off-False-Advertisement-Miami-Florida-146838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Cards