Complaint Review: Direct Cards

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2005

• Reported By:anonymous Indiana
Direct Cards
8770 Sunset Drive #528 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Direct Cards I ripped off Direct Cards after reading their rip-off reports! Miami Florida

I also received a yellow flyer in the mail promising $2 per envelope I stuff for their company. They made the information in the flyer sound so honest and easy to do, I fell for it. I came up with $46.00 and mailed in my order form, thinking all my unemployment worries were over. Then, I stumbled on this website by accident when I was trying to find a phone number for Direct Cards online. When I read all of the reports, I was so upset. I had spent $46.00 that I didn't have on a scam!

After fuming over this for a few hours, I finally called my bank and paid $30.00 to process a stop payment on the check I sent to Direct Cards. The way I figured it, I was actually saving myselft $16.00 in the long run because no one seemed to get this pamphlet they were promised. To my surprise, one week later I received the pamphlet in the mail from Direct Cards. I called my bank and they said an attempt was made to cash the check, but my stop payment had already been processed! It may sound dumb, but I thought it was a small victory for me and every one else who was lied to by their company.

What I want to know is, where did they come up with this crap about stuffing envelopes with this craft kit flyer, when they ask you to do something completely different? I actually thought about going through my phone book and making up names like they specifically ask you not to do so they can pay me for my time and trouble. Oh, One more thing! They do send a book full of names of work at home craft companies... over half of those companies are found as a scam on this website!

anonymous
anonymous, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Cards/Miami-Florida-33173-3512/Direct-Cards-I-ripped-off-Direct-Cards-after-reading-their-rip-off-reports-Miami-Florida-146578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Cards