Complaint Review: Direct Cards

• Submitted: Mon, October 04, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 04, 2004

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
Direct Cards
8770 Sunset Drive #528 Or P.O. Box 830128 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Direct Cards Inc. ripoff scam offering money for processing mail work at home ripoff grateful to this web site thank you! Miami Florida

I received a yellow letter in the mail yesterday claiming that I could earn $2.00 per each envelope that I processed for their company. The "catch" was that to get started I had to mail them a "good faith" start-up fee of $40.00 plus $6.00 for shipping and handling. I was very excited immediately after I read this because I am recently divorced (still have not been able to squeeze any child support out of ex) and just separated from the navy (due to being a single parent) and still waiting on my disability claim from the navy with a 1 1/2 year old child to care for. I noticed that on their letter there was no number or web site, and that the information they gave about their company was extremely vague. I became suspicious and decided to do some research via the internet and found this site.

I am so grateful to this web site for the information they give out to people to help them not to become victims of criminals. $46.00 might not be a lot of money to some people, but it is alot to me. Most of the people who respond to these letters are people who are in desperate need of cash in the first place and would otherwise never take a chance like this.

I have kept the original letter and all contents that they have mailed to me and will certainly do some follow up work to try to bring these people to justice as it has been far too long that they have been sending these things out already.

How can these people live with themselves, taking money from people who are already in need!!!!

Pi@s#d Off
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2004 01:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Cards/Miami-Florida-33173-or-33283-0128/Direct-Cards-Inc-ripoff-scam-offering-money-for-processing-mail-work-at-home-ripoff-grate-111289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Cards