Complaint Review: Direct Cards

• Submitted: Sun, June 06, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, June 06, 2004

• Reported By:Fort Smith Arkansas
Direct Cards
921 Cedar Lane Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Direct Cards / SR And Associates Almost deceived !! Miami Florida

I am a handicapped individual on a (very small) fixed income. I was ALMOST taken in by these two companies.
First, I 'clicked on' to an internet ad for SR and Associates in reference to 'work at home' possibilities as I am unable to work.
I was alarmed that there was no phone # or e-mail address, so I checked with the BBB of Central Florida, only to find out that they had 'no report'. So...I decided to 'think about it'.
Next, I receive this circular THRU THE MAIL about 'Direct Cards' in Miami, Florida. The $2.00 per envelope sounded more 'reasonable' than the $10.00 per envelope promised by SR and Associates. But before mailing them the $46.00, I went back to the internet and discovered 'Rip-Off Reports'! THANK GOD for them!! I could have been in the same 'boat' with those other unfortunate souls.
My first question: How can they 'legally' send this through the U.S. mail? Secondly: Ever notice that both of these scams came from MIAMI, FLORIDA?

Fort Smith, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2004 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Cards/Miami-Florida-33283-0128/Direct-Cards-SR-And-Associates-Almost-deceived-Miami-Florida-93839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Cards