Complaint Review: Direct E-Cig

• Updated: Wed, December 29, 2010

• Reported By: legalsoulja — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Direct E-Cig
2338 Immokalee Rd. #419 Naples, Florida United States of America

Direct E-Cig E-Cigarette Complete Rip-Off/SCAM/$4.99 S/H ONLY...NOT! BEWARE! Naples, Florida

I saw a health report on Yahoo Health which was written by an MD about the E-Cig and thought it might be a good deal for only $4.95 S/H. I have tried to get my mother to quit smoking, unsuccessfully, and thought I'd order this and when she visited next she might try it. I assumed this was a publicity deal and that they'd reap the rewards for such a good deal through positive feedback/word of mouth.

Much to my dismay, I received the starter kit about 2 weeks ago (haven't even put it together, charged it, etc.) and today received a call that they charged my bank account $109 for another order. I called the company several times and finally was able to speak to a CS Rep. She was none to nice and assured me that the "notice, was at the bottom of the page, below where I put in my credit card info and clicked submit". She stated that she'd cancel future orders, however, there was nothing she could do about the charge to my account.

I tried to reason with her and explained my situation, but she was not having it and hung up on me. I tried calling back several time with my bank rep on the line on a conference call (I have filed a dispute btw), however, we had no luck. I am not sure how the dispute with end up, but, it has cost me more than it could ever be worth, to include overdraft fees as I am a Solder (Sr Paralegal-I consider myself generally an attention to detail individual-ha, guess they got me too) who doesn't make a lot of $, just after Christmas and days before my next paycheck.

I have contacted an attorney who posted a comment about this company and possible class-action suit on complaintboards.com. I just want to make sure no other unassuming individual is scammed by this company. A reputable company would have put this information up front, large print, and is usually in a sort of "pop-up", again, unless they were aiming at ripping us off.

Just be aware, pass the word, and let's make sure they do not continue taking good people's money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-E-Cig/Naples-Florida-34110/Direct-E-Cig-E-Cigarette-Complete-Rip-OffSCAM499-SH-ONLYNOT-BEWARE-Naples-Flori-676415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct E-Cig