Complaint Review: Direct Energy Essential Home Services

• Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: ralph — oshawa Ontario Canada
Direct Energy Essential Home Services
1751 wentworth st whitby ontario Oshawa, Ontario United States of America

Direct Energy Essential Home Services Well a routine cleaning turns into a nightmare. Ralph you need a new furnace, the hight limit switch is going off. Oshawa, Ontario

Well my maintenance contract included a free cleaning so I took advantage of it . Shortly after ariving I was told by the service Tech. I needed a new furnace Your furnace is old and your heat exchanger is. I interupted and said cracked . No sir, it is old and is causing the high limit switch to go off he replied.I am red tagging your furnace , you need a new one sir I have shut your furnace off,do you want me to get a sales man to call Ok I replied. Then I realized the p***k disabled the furnace and I needed heat.30 minutes latter a pushy salesman calls and tries to come right over to sell me a furnace, and That I better hurry to take advantage of govermant grants.Being a Senior National Technical Specialist in the computer industry I said something is not right here.I looked at the furnace, found the four places he diabled it got it working again and noticed he had tampered with something to cause the furnace to trip the limit swith , It had NEVER done this before he came.I then noticed that if I ran the furnace with the door off it did not trip the limit switch.Pulling out the blower I found a large dust and dirt build up on the primary of the heat exchange.I cleanned it off and well guess what the furnace ran.Well if this is not a case of blatent faud I don't know what is.I am not going to question why he did what, it is obvious he was in kahoots with a salesman. Lets get people in a vulnerable state by shutting down their furnace when they need heat and sell them a new one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Energy-Essential-Home-Services/Oshawa-Ontario-l1g2v3/Direct-Energy-Essential-Home-Services-Well-a-routine-cleaning-turns-into-a-nightmare-Ral-588384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Energy Essential Home Services