- Report: #976366
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Direct Express Debit Card/ Comerica Bank
Direct Express Debit Card/ Comerica Bankpo box 245998 Internet United States of America
Direct Express Debit Card/ Comerica Bank Direct Express tried to COVER-UP THERE COMPUTERS and RECORDS BEING HACKED! Internet
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Direct Express being hacked
*Author of original report: UPDATE: More BS! More Government Corruption!
*Consumer Comment: The same thing happend to me
I can only pull up half a page, so call back. One CSR told me that my account was hacked at 1155 Boul Rene but couldn't tell what state because only half the screen showed up. Another as much as told me that that night CANADA had hacked my account as well as many more of there card holders. [continued below]....
After being blown off and it being Friday afternoon, I went to the Social Security Administration to see if they could help since I signed up for the card there and even handed the representative THERE pamphlet on it and its SAFETY. The only thing Direct Express told them or was authorized to tell them was that the deposit was received so then Social Security couldn't help.
After having NO answers all day and no help from Social Security, by late that evening which is now, the computers were all back up, I called back only to conveniently be disconnected when my words became accusations that THEY were hacked and I wasn't. EVERYONE acted as if there were NEVER any computers down, made me feel as if I was crazy until I UPDATED them as to everyone I had spoken to that day and what had been promised and said. That evening also I was finally able to actually go online and SEE for myself my account history. I used as a reference to the lady in the dispute department that one of the three transactions did not correlate with hers.
Online it had a fee of $26.(Some odd cent)++. for a international purchase fee, but there's said $17.++ When I brought that to her attention she apologized, and said she scrolled down and found a seventeen dollar and a NEW $8.++ fee and said together they equal the $26. ++ transaction. Needless to say AGAIN, after being on hold I again was disconnected awaiting my questionnaire to begin the dispute process. Lastly I called back and finished the questionnaire and am awaiting the papers. I immediately tried to pull up my account to write my dispute and put it in writing, only to find out that only minutes after my LAST call to them, I was NO longer able to pull up my account history online. ONLY that the account had been closed and it was overdrawn over seventeen dollars.
Facts: I tried to call them to let them know my account had been compromised and had false charges on it, ONLY to find out that my account had ALREADY been flagged for having as they put it, "Questionable charges," that they PAID and then would have contacted me. The one CSR referenced the flagging when stating that CANADA had struck the night before. Leading me to believe that they realized THERE computers had been hacked after several complaints all stemming back to the same time/date and place.
2. Fact: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2012, THE LAST WORKING BUSINESS DAY OF THE MONTH, THE DAY WHEN MOST GOVERNMENT CHECKS GO OUT, THEY DECIDED TO UPDATE THERE COMPUTERS!
3. Fact. The MAIN Charge was $869.47 at an ATM with the second transaction being $3.00 for the ATM transaction fee. First off I know of NO ATM that would allow that LARGE amount of money to be dispensed at one time, not to mention the odd amount and then to include an additional $3.00 fee and international fees as well.
4. According to Direct Express themselves, the card will NOT allow your account to be overdrawn at an ATM. If the money is NOT there, it will simply DENY the transaction. They allowed and PAID OUT $869.47 when in fact I did not have that much in my account allowing my account to be in the negative.
5. Fact I have not used this card online for any purchases at all and it stays in my possession at all times and the only place I keep my pin number is in my mind.
6. I find it funny that THEY were aware of these bad transactions before I was. and MOST companies would have NOT paid them if they found them suspicious AT THAT TIME! Direct Express only became suspicious after other card members made complaints that brought this to there attention and they saw that THEY were the COMMON DENOMINATOR!
7. I also find it suspicious that if in fact some one hacked MY account, why were they able to OVERRIDE Direct Expresses BLOCK they have about OVERDRAFT.and were able to get money that was not even in the account.
8. Funny how when the "computers were "down" the CSR told me about Canada hacking everyone the night before and AFTER the computers were up, I find out that the transaction on my account came out of CANADA?
9. These transactions were basically an ATM withdrawal and then its fees and international fees. The address given on the transaction was 1155 boul rene -levesqu montreal canada which when Googled goes back to a Company that is called Seyam Group International which when I called one time a half ass speaking Indonesian man acted as if he did not comprehend English well and just kept saying I have the wrong place and acted as if they do not deal with any money period and even said the phone number I dialed that I repeated back to him was NOT that companies number. The second time I called I got a french woman that hung up on me when I ask did she speak English and times in between I couldn't get through. I also noticed that the company has the same web sites but one will say over 200 employees and another three employees. The information alone on the company itself describes it as being a Pipe Company for construction. * They deal in making plastics??????
9. Who ever made this transaction did so by duplicating a card for himself. This SCAM is BIG! NO ONE is going to go to all this trouble just to hack lil ole MY account. DIRECT EXPRESS is the company that was hacked and they know it. All these little things add up and point the finger back at them.
In the meantime, here I sit, Penny-less. My bills not being paid, no money for grocery's this month, my truck STILL remains in the shop where I have no money to pay for the repairs already made, and God knows how the animals will be fed. All this hardship and Direct Express knows THEY ARE TO BLAME! Now I sit and wait for them to finish there "investigation," which normally would take 45 days but since it is international it could be as long as NINETY days.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Express-Debit-Card-Comerica-Bank/internet/Direct-Express-Debit-Card-Comerica-Bank-Direct-Express-tried-to-COVER-UP-THERE-COMPUTERS-976366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)