Complaint Review: Direct Express Debit Card

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Bruce — Portland Oregon United States of America
Direct Express Debit Card

Direct Express Debit Card Representative Government Ripoff Company , Internet

I receive SSI benefits from the government and was forced to no longer receive paper checks and was given the option to use Direct Express Debit Card to get my monthly benefit.

So on the advice of my government worker I signed up for the Direct Express Debit Card to have my money put on each month and was told it would be mailed and the following month benefit would go on the card. So I wait and on the 25 of the following month I still hasn't received this card. I call my worker and was given a phone # of DirectExpress and when I told the rep this he said you already have a card issues a year earlier. I told he was nuts u had never even heard of this company before last month and certainly never signed up or received a card from them ever. After 5 minutes of arguing and basically being told I was a liar I asked for a supervisor and got the same response as if rehearsed.

then I'm told if I want a replacement card to arrive by the 1st it would cost me $13.50 to expedite. As far as I'm concerned this is extortion and theft. I live on a very fixed income and $13.50 is a big deal to me. this bank is cooked and it government should protect us from thieves like this rather then force us to use them. they are both as guilty as the other.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Express-Debit-Card/internet/Direct-Express-Debit-Card-Representative-Government-Ripoff-Company-Internet-1007449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Express Debit Card