Complaint Review: Direct Express

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Cyn160 — Barrington New Jersey
Direct Express
P.O.Box 245998 San Antonio, Texas USA

Direct Express US Direct Express No way to contact Direct Express San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: A little help

When I tried to use my Direct Express card today, it was declined. I called the customer service number on the back of the card, entered my card number, and was told my card had been deactivated. The message said to enter my SS# for additional information. When I did this I was told that the new card THAT I HAD REQUESTED today had been issued and that I would receive it within 5 to 10 business days. It also said that my funds on the deactivated card would be transferred to the new card. BUT I was disturbed by this because I had not requested a new card. UNFORTUNATELY, there is no way to get through to a human being at Direct Express unless you have an active card number. They have no email address listed on the site. The only address listed is for regular mail. I don't know how to get a message to them that I did not request a card change. I don't know where or who this new card is going to, when or if I will be able to access my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 04:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Express/San-Antonio-Texas-78224-5998/Direct-Express-US-Direct-Express-No-way-to-contact-Direct-Express-San-Antonio-Texas-1116534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Express

A little help

AUTHOR: Ronni Van - ()

My experience is that Direct Express's so-called Fraud Services Department is trigger-happy about putting freezes on on accounts.  You can try to reach them using their number 1-888-545-5577, but be prepared, make sure your phone battery is up to a two-hour wait, have some food handy, go to the bathroom before hand...

Or you can write to P.O. Box 245998, San Antonio, TX 78224-5998, which probably won't do any good either.  I've had better luck calling the Direct Express Customer Service number on the back of the card, it's a long wait, but the phone is eventually answered.

Incidentally, I check my Direct Express online daily and in more than two years, I've never had a transaction I didn't initiate; the way I'm losing money is by having to replace my card every time some fraud-happy jerk in Texas hiccups.