Complaint Review: Direct Express

• Reported By: Gatita — Festus Missouri
Direct Express
P.O. Box 245998 San Antonio, Texas USA

Direct Express Identity theft San Antonio Texas

Between the months of February 2013 through April 2013 I was the victim of identity theft. Two women fraudulently used my Direct Express debit catd to purchase items online. The amount stolen is $845.45. This theft has been reported to the Jefferso County Sheriff's Dept in HIllsboro, Missouri. I have appealed for a refund of the funds stolen four times and they were denied four times. Included in the reports were police reports substantiating my claim. These reports have been ignored by Direct Express. Each time I received a denial of my claim iI receive a letter of denial which advises me to send a police report. I have submitted police reports three times. Since Febuary I have to request and receive 5 new debit cards because the others had been compromised also.   The cost of replacing each debit card is $4.00 and the 5th 9ne was expedited to me since I needed it quickly. Total cost:33.00 which i can ill afford.

On May 11th I learned my password to my account had been changed  I did not change it but had to create a new password. Now that has been either compromised or changed once again.When I initially contacted Direct Express a week and a half ago I was told my new password would be emailed to me. I have not received it. This evening, July 22, 2013 I again caled Direct Express about my new password. The person I spoke to said it had not been sent, however, if i still wanted a new password it wouldtake between 4-5 days before I would receive iit. Therefore I am unable to obtain statements of my accunt which I need to send to the U.S. Senators, Claure MacCaskill and Roy Blunt. I have already filed a complaint including the police report but feel it necessary to provide documentation of the items purchased by the perpetrators. Their identities have been confirmed by the deputy that I spoke with. Not only do I need help with this matter I wonder if I canue Direct Express in light of the fact they are only disbursers of Social Security and are contractors for the Social SEcurity. Also, the bank Comerica which also is not a government agency but only a contractor.

Sincerely,

Linda L. Littles

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Express/San-Antonio-Texas-PO-Box-2/Direct-Express-Identity-theft-San-Antonio-Texas-1069250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Express