tool

• Submitted: Wed, June 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 28, 2006

• Reported By:West Orange New Jersey
Direct Gardening
1704 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 309-662 7943
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Direct Gardening - Burgess Seeds - Royal Dutch Ripoff If you want to buy dead and moldy plants then this is the place for you Bloomington, Illinois

In March I ordered 3 Snow in Summer, 30 Walk-On-Me thyme, 2 lilacs, 4 creeping wintergreen, and a Mint Mix Collection (free gift of bulbs was included too- disclosure). The order came in mid-April and my husband and I tried to plant the order immediately. I say tried, because the 30 walk-on-me thyme came as dried-up tangled messes- it was not possible to tell how to plant this ground cover. Only 3 wintergreen came, the lilacs were mere sticks, the snow in summer were pathetic seedlings that proceeded to die after being planted, and the 3 mints in the collection came totally dried up. Oh, and free bulbs? Moldy, totally useless.

I returned the label and disputed the charge. Today the label came back to me from them, with a note asking for the original label. Just yesterday I had a long conversation with my bank about this charge, and my final position is this: I do not want replacements from this company nor shall I ever do business with them again. The company sent the label back to me, then asked for it again, and had the nerve to tell the BBB (in response to my complaint) that I had not complied with their requirement to return the shipping label). They are liars on top of all else. I have a newly landscaped yard for which I needed many plants. I ordered from Nature Hill, Dutch Gardens, and Nantucket Hydrangeas at the same time as from Direct Gardening. The plants came in very good to excellent condition. The David Austin rose from Dutch Gardens was a little slow to start; when I wrote asking about babying it, they sent me a new one in case it was not the healthiest specimen. All of these plants are now growing robustly. I have been visiting my local gardening center, and although I paid more for the mints, and for ground cover, I have beautiful, healthy, vigorous plants that started growing immediately after planting.

Beverly
West Orange, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2006 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Gardening/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/Direct-Gardening-Burgess-Seeds-Royal-Dutch-Ripoff-If-you-want-to-buy-dead-and-moldy-p-198672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Gardening