Complaint Review: Direct Gardening

Direct Gardening
1704 Morrissey Drive Internet USA

Direct Gardening Stay away and do not do business with this group Internet

*Consumer Comment: A+ experience with Direct Gardening

I purchased [per my debit amount] $30 in flowers from them last year. Of which, one thing ever grew at all. Not forgetting the so called promised flowers that were free were never sent.I emailed them and they returned the email. I told them I didnt save the original shipping label. Somehow it was misplaced. Figure I waited a month at least to see any progress from their plants, to which I was disappointed.

I had told them I was emailing them the exact email they sent me as proof of purchase. Since it was directly from them to let me know of my order.

I was told BY them I could make a copy of my 'debit' card report [in this case vs credit card statement] and send it to them via mail instead of using the shipping label. I carefully followed instructions after months and months of going back and forth.

Today I received in the mail a return letter stating I needed a copy of the shipping label. It appears to me they are deliberately avoiding refunding me or replacing the flowers that did not 'come out of dormancy'. Evidently the right hand refuses to know what the left hand is doing. Their flowers won't grow and they will find ways to avoid refunding. As is evident when I sent the letter 'per the email correspondence' that this was what I was told to do, and got the brush off. Even though my printer broke and I explained this to them, I found ways to copy my debit per their request.

Do not bother using this company if you like to grow flowers - and if you would ever need a refund. They certainly failed at both.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Gardening/internet/Direct-Gardening-Stay-away-and-do-not-do-business-with-this-group-Internet-1056017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Gardening

A+ experience with Direct Gardening

AUTHOR: yofrendonna - ()

I almost didnt place an order with this company due to the negative comments I read online.  I am so glad I took a gamble and placed my order on June 22, 2013.   I received my order for 60 Privet Hedges, 2 Burning Bushes and 2 Rose of Sharon Trees totalling about $40.

All plants arrived within the time frame promised (14 days) in the condition stated on the website (bare root, dormant).  I followed the instructions included in the package, soaking overnight in water and planting asap and watering every other day. In less than 5 days I see that all plants are leafing out and looking great.

This company delivered exactly what I ordered and did not lead me to believe that I would receive lush, green plants.  I knew they would look like dead sticks but a simple scratch test (also on the website) would show me otherwise.  I am looking forward to ordering my fall bulbs from them in a few months.  I wish I could do more to help the reputation of this company.  Perhaps only experienced gardeners should purchase from them?  Or maybe the soil was too alkaline or acidic?

The website does say to save the shipping label.  It says this several times.  I saved everything including the labels on the individual plants.  The guarantee is good for a year.  So far I am extremely pleased.