Complaint Review: Direct General Ins.Co.

• Submitted: Wed, January 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: vwbusdrver — Florida United States of America
Direct General Ins.Co.
1281 Murfreesboro Rd Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Direct General Ins.Co. Direct Insurance took 422.00 from me Nashville, Tennessee

On Nov 7th 2011 I purchased insurance online through Direct General Ins. Co. I was required to put down 422.00 for a six month policy. A week later I needed to add a FR-44 to my policy. They told me that I had to cancel first via faxed letter and I would receive a refund so I could start a new policy.

Well I just got off the phone with them and they told me I will not receive a refund and that I am covered till Jan 7th 2012. Now anyone that requires a FR-44 insurance knows that basic insurance does not allow them to drive in the State of Florida. So I'm out the 422.00 and have coverage that does me no good. Organized Crime at it's best! A real model company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-General-InsCo/Nashville-Tennessee-37217/Direct-General-InsCo-Direct-Insurance-took-42200-from-me-Nashville-Tennessee-817789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct General Ins.Co.