Complaint Review: Direct General Insurance Comp.

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: beautiful death — Batesvill Mississippi United States of America
Direct General Insurance Comp.
P.O Box 22348 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Direct General Insurance Comp. Direct Auto My claims adjustor lied to me about the issuement of my injury settlement check. Told me twice, that it was sent out, when it had not been. Tampa, Florida

I had an auto accident on, 7-6-12. Signed a release settlement on my claim on, 8-24-12. My claims adjuster told me that my check was processed and sent out on 8-27-12. I waited a week, no check. I then called again, and was told that I should have received it. Then I was told that they were going to void that check and reissue another. I waited, still no check. I called again, and spoke with a different adjuster, and was told my check was not processed and sent out until the tenth of this month, September.

I asked the second adjuster about what my adjuster had told me about my check already being issued as I was told. She told me that it had not been processed and sent out, on the dates that my adjuster had told me it was. She said "It was not processed until now, that much I can tell you."  How is it possible for an Insurance Company to lie to their customers? I feel like I have been treated more than unfair, because of the lies i have been told. I am also still waiting on my check, that was sent out supposedly on the 9-10-12.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 05:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-General-Insurance-Comp/Tampa-Florida-336222348/Direct-General-Insurance-Comp-Direct-Auto-My-claims-adjustor-lied-to-me-about-the-issueme-941548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct General Insurance Comp.

Holy