Complaint Review: Direct General

• Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: Angry customer — Warner robins Georgia United States of America
Direct General
Internet, Florida United States of America

Direct General The claims department and customer service is very rude. They try not to pay claims but take people money. Internet, Florida

Direct general is not a company you would want as an insurance company for auto service. When you call for service the people are rude. When you call to put in a claim the people are rude. When I spoke with my adjuster she was rude. I put in a claim a month ago and it's still under investigation. They try to find every way to not pay a claim. I will no longer deal with a company because they charge lower rates. Basically you pay for what you want. Hopefully this company goes out of business and stop making money off people with their bad company ethics. Whatever you do do not get insurance from Direct General! They will try to rip you off when it comes to paying claims.

Still waiting for a response on my claim but if push comes to shove I will take it a step further. I received a letter from them saying they may not pay the claim because I didn't report people In my household. Which has nothing to do with my claim. Someone stole my vehicle and wrecked it. I just wish I would have went with Allstate like my husband advised. Because it was a little bit more I decided to go with direct general.

Be very careful people. You pay for what you want. Cheaper coverage mean bad service to me from now on. I would rather pay higher rates then to deal with bad service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2012 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-General/Internet-Florida-/Direct-General-The-claims-department-and-customer-service-is-very-rude-They-try-not-to-p-902930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct General