Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank - Account Central HSBC

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 13, 2009

• Reported By:Olmsted Township Ohio
Direct Merchants Bank - Account Central HSBC
PO Box 5250 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Bank - Account Central HSBC Loansharks, thieves, crooks Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: ITS CALLED THE CREDIT CRISIS - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

Direct Merchants Bank - Account Central HSBC is a front for HSBC credit card. I was sent a notice that they would raise my rate 5% from 14.99% to 19.99% retroactive to October 1, 2008 effective January 2, 2009, no reason was given for this increase, I have never been late or overdrawn on any accounts and always pay more than current due. I called and asked for a reason, a supervisor got on the line and told me that it was just business and I would receive a letter within 30 days advising me of the reason. I told her that I needed a reason before then in case I needed to opt out within the 30 days that HSBC had given me. She stated that my account would be noted and I could still opt out. I waited 30 days and then sent a written notice to opt out. Within 10 days I received an answer that I was too late and the increase would take effect. My last statement after I had sent in a $1500.00 payment reflected an interest charge of 19.99% retro to October. Still no reason has been forthcoming from HSBC. What a bunch of thieves!

Jerry
Olmsted Township, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Account-Central-HSBC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-5250/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Account-Central-HSBC-Loansharks-thieves-crooks-Carol-Stream-Illi-411556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank - Account Central HSBC

ITS CALLED THE CREDIT CRISIS - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

all the credit card companies are doing it across the board. Its been on the news etc..
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC