Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank - Metris - Hsbc Bank

Nationwide U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Bank - Metris - Hsbc Bank imaginary credit card Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Happened to me to

*General Comment: Just happened to me

I received A phone call from a law office stating that I am being sued to recover the money that I owe to the direct merchants bank of god knows where, because I sure don't. I am either a victim of identity fraud, or they are the frauds. I have not owned a credit card since I filed for bankruptcy in 1996. they are claiming that they issued me a credit card in 2003, and that I charged 7,000.00 worth the "stuff " and never paid for it. I did not apply for a credit card, nor did I receive one from them ever, I am in shock, I have contacted my states attorney's office and now am going thru the motions of trying to find out Who is responsible for this. This may seem very strange to some people, but believe it or not, some else filed a report claiming this company did the same to them.

Diane
port richey, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Metris-Hsbc-Bank/nationwide/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Metris-Hsbc-Bank-imaginary-credit-card-Nationwide-434850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank - Metris - Hsbc Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Happened to me to

AUTHOR: george - (USA)

They got a little farther with me. I did have a credit card from the time frame mentioned, although I didn't recall having any problems with it. But it was in the realm of possibility. I asked them to email me info with what they were saying. Thankfully I called HSBC and Discover and they had no record of a delinquent account being written off or sold. Always track down the initial account. There will be a paper trail if a debt is not a scam.

Just so it's out there - they try to confuse you by having really random and untrackable information: The "lawyer" said his secretary was out, which is why I could call him directly. And that the reason why they didn't have a website was because they're a small firm.

The collection letter came from Westpoint Settlement and a @ bsmteam.com email. Neither of which I could find any record of online. And then the letter had both WPG and WG on the letterhead. The lack of consistency or a trackable company was another affirmation. But becareful, it's not that hard to make up companies online.

#2 General Comment

Just happened to me

AUTHOR: Toni - (USA)

I just received a call stating I opened a credit card and charged 10,233.64 May 6th 2006. I was still living in england at that time. The rep who called was very rude and stated I will be sued if I don't pay it back. I stated to her I never opened a card with that limit. She said they have my license info and signature, when I asked for a copy of the signature she hung up on me.