Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank

• Submitted: Sun, March 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Oakley Illinois
Direct Merchants Bank
www.accountcentralonline.com Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Bank is deceptive in their practices. Carol Stream Illinois

I have been a loyal customer to Direct Merchants bank for 12 years. Over the 12 there where appx 4 late payments never over 2-3 days late. Paid them and went on. I have taken my card to the limit many times $8-9 thousand then paid it off in 1 payment. Last nov. they raised my % up from 11% to 27.99%. I called wrote a letter told them I would not use the card till the % rate came back down. So they upped it the next month to 29 and cut me down to 1,000 limit.

This is a company no one should deal with... Need money? Call the Mafia first they would show you more compassion. This bank has been bailed out with our tax money just like "Chase" (thats a worse story) and they know we are at their mercy. So we pay to keep our credit in good standing.

Our country is falling apart, there are no more morals or standards in these companies.I guess they have been taking lessons from our politicans, yea I live in Illinois. I even worked for one so I know how they play their stupid little games. The surface has only been scratched with Blagovich and Burris.

I do thank God above that I am not in deep debt. And I will get these creeps off my back in a month or two. There is something to the saying if you cant afford to pay cash ... DONT BUY IT. And the poor advice given to people that you should have 1-2 cards on hand is a lie.

Mattie
Oakley, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/Direct-Merchants-Bank-is-deceptive-in-their-practices-Carol-Stream-Illinois-429689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank