Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Roger — San Carlos California United States of America
Direct Merchants Bank
po box 5253 carol stream, Illinois United States of America

Direct Merchants Bank Charged off on a visa account I never opened carol stream, Illinois

I had not applied for credit in a long time.  Resently, when I did, to my surprise I found out I had a charge off on a visa card with Direct Merchants Bank which I never opened.  I am not sure how Hsbc is involved but when I filed a dispute with the credit bureau, Hsbc responded that the acct had been charged off in the amount of $2121.  On the letter received from Hsbc a phone # 1 800 388 5333 was provided for further questions.  I contacted that number and was provided with another number 1 800 260 1706.  After contacting that number  was provided yet with another number  1 800 785 4001, but I haven't been able to speak to anyone at that number.   Correcting something wrong on your credit should not be so dificult especilly when you never applied/opened an an acct.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank/carol-stream-Illinois-/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Charged-off-on-a-visa-account-I-never-opened-carol-stream-Illinoi-1011366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank