Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank

• Updated: Sun, November 14, 2010

• Reported By: tjs_12-72 — Saint Cloud Florida United States of America
Direct Merchants Bank
carol stream, Illinois United States of America

Direct Merchants Bank HSBC and Direct Rewards Platinum and Account Central Payment was taken but never processed by bank carol stream , Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Please Consider Doing This...

On 9/23/2010 a payment was sent to Direct Merchants Bank credit card company.  They cashed the check but did not credit my account. In October I had a conference call between my bank and the credit card company on 10/16/2010. My bank disclosed that the credit card company cashed my check. While on the conference call with myself, my bank and the HSBC my bank was told to fax over a copy of the check to their payment research center.  I was told in 14 days  I would see a credit on my account.  I waited 30 days and checked my account online and there wasn't a credit posted.  I called Customer Service and was told to call Monday to speak with a Supervisor.  I informed them that I have limited time to call and that I would not be available to call this week.  After several minutes of being on hold and multiple request to resolve I was hung up on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2010 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank/carol-stream-Illinois-60197/Direct-Merchants-Bank-HSBC-and-Direct-Rewards-Platinum-and-Account-Central-Payment-was-ta-661899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank

Please Consider Doing This...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

I would close down this account and open an account with a credit union. I would also suggest writing a report and post it on this site: