telling

Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Credit Card Bank A.k.a. Banco Popular A.k.a. Account Central Online

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2005

• Reported By:Cordova Tennessee
PO Box 21550 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Credit Card Bank, A.k.a. Banco Popular A.k.a. Account Central Online Rip-off, inconsiderate, brutal, heartless. Takes and charges money at their convenience. Tulsa Oklahoma

I have been with this company since 2003. Their credit card offer came at a great time (for them) in my life, it was in the mail the day my husband and I left for our honeymoon. Low interest rate, $5,000 credit limit, how great to finanly get a credit card company that we didn't have to pay out tons of interest to. Boy oh boy was I wrong.

Interest rate since that time has gone from 0% to 29.99%. Just in the last 6 months alone, it escalated from 16.49 to 29.99% and with no communcation from them. No warning, no note. They just charged it. Then on top of that, the last 6 months have been a difficult time for my family financially, and I have made my payment 1-3 daya late and I get charged $39.00 fee every time. 1 day late?? Ridiculous!!!!

I haven't charged $1 on this account since 2004 and I am constantly over my limit. This is only because of their heightened finance charges, overlimit fees and late fees all tacked on to eachother. They say the only way to get out of this hole is to give them hundreds and hundreds of dollars, to which I can't so every month they dig me further and further into debt.

DO NOT get a credit card from this company for ANY reason. They lie, cheat and do what they can to rape you for your money.

Jennifer
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2005 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Credit-Card-Bank-Aka-Banco-Popular-Aka-Account-Central-Online/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74121/Direct-Merchants-Credit-Card-Bank-Aka-Banco-Popular-Aka-Account-Central-Online-Rip--148948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Credit Card Bank A.k.a. Banco Popular A.k.a. Account Central Online