Complaint Review: Direct Model Management, Mykola Webster

• Submitted: Sat, March 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 23, 2013

• Reported By: Direct Model Management SCAM — New York New York
Direct Model Management, Mykola Webster
347 5th Ave # 609, New York, NY 10016 New York City, New York United States of America

Direct Model Management, Mykola Webster No payment, after 3 years. Mykola Webster employs foreign girls illegally, under the pretence of "cash under the table", but never pays them. She is also very critical about girls' appearances. New York City, New York

I am from outside the US. After being 'spotted' on holiday, Direct Model Management invited me to New York to model, after my studies finished. I did not have a work visa, mostly because Mykola Webster, director of this agency, assured me that she would pay 'cash under the table' because she apparently commonly did this with foreign girls. So, I was employed illegally by Direct Model Management and was never paid the money I earned. I fully understand that I was also acting illegally by taking-up working in a country, without a visa - however, when you're 18 years old and someone promises you 'cash under the table' because that's 'what they always do' -  then you don't think twice.

Furthermore, whilst working for her, all the other girls I met had issues with being paid. And, all the girls were frequently told that they weren't good enough and that was why they weren't successful enough, including me.

To conclude, I left New York after 90 days feeling cheated of my money and with a much lower opinion of my body. Lastly, I would like to second other reports on this website and, first, confirm that Direct's office is suspiciously small and, second, agree that Mykola must not actually have any important contacts in the industry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Model-Management-Mykola-Webster/New-York-City-New-York-/Direct-Model-Management-Mykola-Webster-No-payment-after-3-years-Mykola-Webster-employs-1037438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Model Management, Mykola Webster