Complaint Review: Direct Readers Guild, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:North little Rock Arkansas
Direct Readers Guild, Inc
P.O Box 315 Dundee, Illinois U.S.A.

Direct Readers Guild, Inc Company Suspicious - Deceiving Dundee Illinois

I recently got a call from this supposedly magazine company at work. They were explaining to me that I had been chosen as one in that area not related to walmart, but that I could sign up for magazines and that the term is 60 months and that the payments would be just a little over #32 dollars. They said they would put in the order for my magazines, but they did not tell me rather they ordered for that month or 60 months This to me was little decieving because when I called recently they told me that I would have to pay $906 and that I could not cancel this was one thing that they did not make clear to me. The other reason I tried to cancel is that I looked up this magazine and seen from other sources that they could be a possible fraud or suspicious. In other words they were claiming that I would have to pay $906 because they NOW are telling me they prepaid 2 and a half years worth of magazines suscriptions. I felt they sould have made that clear to begin with because I feel that that was a little decieving. They also told me I have a past due balance but I have yet to see a bill notice. I dont' mind paying them for the 3 magazines they sent me but I have already cancel magazines with them individually so they will not send me any more. But Direct Readers Guild continues to say I cannot cancel which has made me conclude that they might not be a ligimate magazine company. I never know a magazine suscription that binds you to 2 and half years for $906 they seem to use good sale tactics and fancy way with words to persuade people this needs to stop.

Tasha
North little Rock, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Readers-Guild-Inc/Dundee-Illinois-60118/Direct-Readers-Guild-Inc-Company-Suspicious-Deceiving-Dundee-Illinois-400528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Readers Guild, Inc