Complaint Review: Direct Readers Guild

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: DylanM92 — washington Illinois United States of America
Direct Readers Guild
1051 E Main St Ste 213 East Dundee, Illinois United States of America

Direct Readers Guild Refusing to cancel my subscription after stating in the initial setup that I could cancel at any time. East Dundee, Illinois

I have a subscription with this company for over $500 dollars to be paid in 2 years. I also know that I dont have a written contract with them. In the call that setup my subscription the woman, I believe her name was Lisa, that I spoke to stated that I could cancel at any time but they recommended that I stayed with the service. Ive been with the subscription for 6 months or so, now I want to cancel it because I no longer have time to read the magazines I receive. I called to do so and now they are refusing to cancel my subscription stating the magazine companies have already been paid the full amount. I have contacted my states Attorney Generals office, which is here in Illinois and they stated they will be sending me a complaint form and after I fill that out and send it in they will see what they can do for me. In addition I have filed complaints through the FTC and BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Readers-Guild/East-Dundee-Illinois-60118/Direct-Readers-Guild-Refusing-to-cancel-my-subscription-after-stating-in-the-initial-setu-956687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Readers Guild