• Report: #251915

• Submitted: Sat, June 02, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 02, 2007

• Reported By:abilene Kansas
Direct Rewards
Box 22128 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Direct Rewards Credit Card Ripoff Tulsa Oklahoma

To Whom It May Concern: 06/01/2007

I am writing to seek relief from actions taken against me by Direct Rewards P.O. Box 22128 Tulsa OK. 74121-2128 Ph. 1 800 435 1415.

On 01/30/07, I mailed via USPS my payment for $5988.81 with a due date of 12 Feb 07. Ive conducted business with this company for over 15 years with never a late payment until Feb 2007. Subsequently around 02/16/07, I received a letter concerning a late payment. During this time, there were 2 additional purchases made and honored with no problems which resulted in the total amount owed as of 02/16/2007, to be $8029.81.

I immediately called this company and talked to an individual that suggested we allow an electronic transfer from my bank account to satisfy this debt as well as stop any late payment charges that may yet be incurred on my account. I agreed to this and stipulated that I would be putting a stop payment on the check already mailed, and when it arrived at the company they would return said check without cashing it.

The company individual agreed to this, but needless to say when the aforementioned check was delivered by USPS on 02/27/07, this company attempted to cash it anyway. Of course the check was returned to them as it had the stop payment on it, that they were well aware of. Then they sent another bill for more late charges and a returned check fee of $35.00.

I have tried to correct this matter on 4 different occasions but all I get are more late fees. The bill has now increased to $223.46 with all the extra charges. I have paid these nefarious late charges and returned check fees under protest and have terminated all association (cancelled my account) with this company.

Furthermore, I have researched this company on the internet and found more information concerning their practices at: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/235/RipOff0235524.htm

The above site clearly shows that my case is not an isolated instance. Please let me know of any actions that you can assist me with against this company.

Sincerely,

Kenneth
abilene, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2007 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Rewards/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74121-2128/Direct-Rewards-Credit-Card-Ripoff-Tulsa-Oklahoma-251915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Rewards