interference

• Reported By: DB41 — New York New York
Direct Source Copier
33175 California 79 #442, Temcula, CA 92592 Internet United States of America

Direct Source Copier Be Very, Very Careful Buying from Direct Source Internet

I am a cautious consumer who researches purchases.

I called Direct Source and had several conversation with David. He advised me that the best machine to buy for my needs was a Kyocera 1035. I bought it and it was delivered at the price promised. However, at the time of purchase, although David knew I live in NYC, he never discussed service issues.  I SHOULD HAVE RAISED THE SUBJECT, BUT DID NOT.

As a result, when the machine needed service (after just over 1,000 copies had been made) I realized that there was no free service provided. It turns out that the buyer can return the machine to Direct Source within 90 days (paying return shipping, of course) and can get free parts for a year, but that's it. In order to get the free parts, one has to pay for a service call (c. $150 - $200 in the NYC area).

When I complained to Direct Source I was told about the policy, I was  reminded that I had agreed to it (in writing) when I signed the credit card authorization at the time of purchase. Frankly, I was too trusting. I assumed that I had at least a one year parts/labor guarantee, and when I signed the credit card authorization I was NOT thinking about the ridiculous warranty that came with the machine!

This time I wasn't cautious enough. I was too trusting of the salesman (David) who didn't bother discussing the service issue. (Whether the same "guarantee" applies to all the brands Direct carries is an interesting question. If in fact it varies by manufacturer, then why did he recommend this particular brand?)

The money I saved with Direct  Source was not nearly enough to cover one service call. My advice is to buy locally and to buy a machine where there is a parts and labor guarantee. These machines are touchy. Although a service contract may not be necessary (especially for a home-office), one should buy from a merchant who supports the product he/she sells for the longest possible period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Source-Copier/internet/Direct-Source-Copier-Be-Very-Very-Careful-Buying-from-Direct-Source-Internet-1038160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Source Copier