Complaint Review: Direct Source Copiers

• Reported By: Frank — Connecticut
Direct Source Copiers
33175 Temecula Parkway Temecula, California USA

Direct Source Copiers - another deceptive retailer online Temecula California

My experience with Direct Source Copiers was almost identical to others posted on the RipOff Report which makes me think the deception of the sale was very intentional. I am a teacher. I was looking for a reliable copier to purchase and have at home for making school copies. As teacher I had a limited budget.

On a Saturday three months ago (June 2013) I found Direct Source Copiers online (Digital System Copiers). I filled out an electronic reply form for someone to contact me regarding finding a copier. No sooner than I send the email that ther presicent of the company David Strokes messaged me back (first red flag unnoticed). I told David the feature that I wanted and he told me that he was having a "limited time sale" on a Kyocera 1035 MFP. He told me the copier would perfrom beyond anything that I used in the past. He made the transaction seem very urgent as the sale price would not be fore long, yet the other complaint on RipOff was for the same brand of copier.

David was very responsive to my emails before receiving payment. Once he received a signed invoice the communciation ceased. The copier arrived and from the moment I turned it on to make a copy it jammed. It jams almost every other page. So I contacted David because on the inovice it states there is a 1 year warranty. I have had no response to date from Direct Source Copiers. Instread I got a call from a third party vendor offering service for $150 per hour!

I spent $800 on the copier. For anyone that is alot of money, but for a teacher that is huge. I am tired on online companies hiding behind the screens and taking advantage of people. If this review gets to one potential buyer it will have served a purpose. I never received a call or email back from the company but of course I get solicitations from them to buy toner. Deception - beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Source-Copiers/Temecula-California-92592/Direct-Source-Copiers-another-deceptive-retailer-online-Temecula-California-1083797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Source Copiers