- Report: #1152345
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Direct Source Copiers
Direct Source CopiersInternet USA
Direct Source Copiers Sold multifunction printer with service. Failed to deliver on service and caused major disruption in business. unilaterally cancelled service and refused to return money Temecula CA
*Author of original report: Update of Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Can I give negative stars? I feel compelled to warn others about this company.. Never have i ran across a group like this
I know I got tricked by them. Details to follow but first follow these rules if you want to deal with this company:
1. Do not sign any paperwork that says no refund. (trust me if you do than you will have a hard time getting what you thought you were getting)
2. Verify and request proof of size of the company and ability to provide service.
3. Mr. Stokes will make many promises and will follow through extensively to get sales. He will promote himself as the owner of the business and that he is only interested in providing the best service unlike the other guys. When you ahve issues than he will ignore your calls and emails (get details in writing of his commitment otherwise good luck)
4. Don't get tricked into assuming that service will be promised as delivered. Get him to give you a Service Level Agreement that guarantees response time. For example, toners should arrive within x days after placing order.
5. If you are buying from them because you are assuming he is also going to provide you service than do not allow him to split the paperwork into two separate documents. You need to make sure that you can get a refund if he doesnt deliver on service and get that in writing.
Okay- now why am i giving you this advice? Because I believe i got bamboozled for the first time in my life. Here is a summary of what happened to my order-
1. I was in process of renewing my copier contract with service with Ikon but I unfortunately came across their website. I bought from them because David Stokes made me believe they offer better service and that they had an office here in the bay area for quick service calls. I was hesitant but i thought let me work with a business where the owner is so involved because surely they will provide great service.
2. david stated they would get it installed once it arrives and will have quick turnaround time. Copier arrived and sat here until I reached out to him after a week or so. Also told him that the cabinet that they shipped (BY THE WAY NEVER BUY CABINETS FROM THEM. THEY ARE UGLY AND EXPENSIVE) seemed broken. A tech arrived and reached the same conclusion and than ordered another one. This meant I had to continue paying for old contract. The tech could have actually gotten the printer working without the cabinet because it is not something that was required to make copier work. When new cabinet arrived again we had to do followup and asked that the tech comes early. Here i realized they were not his staff because he said they can not come at the time i needed them. So I told him I want a refund on everything. He promised me that this was not his fault and issue with shipping and because he already had a tech out twice to allow him an opportunity to move forward. I reluctantly agreed trusting him. The tech did not arrive at 8 am as promised so I sent email. I guess they didnt like it because I expected people to be on time and had to ask where he was to ensure the same delays dont occur.
2. Tech installed the printer and told us that we should order black toner right away since the starter toner will not last that long. We followed his instructions and ordered right away.
3. About 14 days later we run out of toner and staff calls them to find out about the order. They told them that it was back ordered (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS BLACK TONER) so they will ship it out and will arrive in about 3-5 days. My staff stressed that we werre out and it didnt make sense. They came to me and so I tried to reach out to David Stokes the owner. He didnt take my calls and deferred calls to a guy named Dallas. He stated the same but than said it would arrive in 2 days. I argue and scream to be heard to let them know that i have had to get a tech to get the other printer connected and wasted several hours of downtime and that I would have to pay for usage for that printer along with theirs so asked that he overnites it to arrive by early am (thank god we didnt return it yet otherwise i was going to be down without ability to print for several days). He wouldnt agree and I kept yelling and finally he said he would get it out. I told him to get it to him by early am and he said he doesnt know when it will arrive. I told him you can pick expedited shipping so it arrives first thing in am. He said he would see. Also i asked him about the cost to my business and so he said they would discount all products for future purchases for color toners. I told him that even with discounted prices they were more expensive than other sites for same product. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM WITHOUT COMPARING PRICES AT OTHER SITES EVEN IF THEY SAY THEY DISCOUNTED IT FOR YOU.
4. I kept emailing the owner and finally got to speak to the owner David Stokes and reiterated my position. I told him the cost to my business because they couldn't ship out a black toner in 14 days and so i need to get a refund. he refused than i told him I need an SLA if he wants me to stay. He asked what is an SLA. I had to explain to him what a service level agreement is. I told him I need in writing when I would be guaranteed certain services. For example if printer is down someone will come within x hours of report. If toner ordered, it will arrive in x days from order. If he fails to deliver than we outline penalties in agreement. He refused. So I asked him for a refund and told him it appeared as if he was running this thing out of his garage and only worried about sellling and not delivering on service. I do remember yelling through this because i just couldnt believe this was happening. He said he will be taking away the service agreement and that I was stuck with what I bought and to do what I have to do because I wont be seeing my money back. Than he hung up.
5. After an hour or so of speaking with him, I sent him an email stating i apologized for getting angry but he had to get me an SLA and a credit amount for my business disruption. He replied back he would call me later in the day. Never got the call. I filed a complaint with the BBB as well on this day because I had a feeling he was not going to deliver.
6. Next morning no toner. Instead I get an angry email from Tracie Stokes Co-Owner angry that i complained with BBB and they were going to block my emails and refunding 488.88 out of $595 of the annual service agreement. Keep in mind she came up with this number and charged me for a toner that i didnt agree on pricing for. Toners out there for as low as $65. Also the toner that they supposedly shipped went to a different address and so i didnt want it and sent them an email to take it back and refund my full annual fee. No response. I am in dispute with credit card company and next step will be court. they caused me expenses and failed to live up to the service promises. IN THE END IF YOU STILL THINK YOU HAVE TO BUY FROM THEM BECAUSE YOU ALSO READ SOME POSITIVE REVIEWS THAN YOU NEED TO DO MORE HOMEWORK. I HAVE SEEN SEVARAL OTHER SIMILAR REVIEWS LIKE MINE OUT THERE AFTER THE FACT.
7. IF YOU STILL WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM THAN FOLLOW MY RULES ON THE TOP AND YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF HEADACHES. OTHERWISE HAVE A SECOND PRINTER ON HAND FOR THE TIMES THEY MAY NOT DELIVER.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2014 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Source-Copiers/internet/Direct-Source-Copiers-Sold-multifunction-printer-with-service-Failed-to-deliver-on-serv-1152345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.