Complaint Review: Direct Source Distributing & TigerDirect

• Submitted: Fri, March 16, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, March 16, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Direct Source Distributing & TigerDirect
1800 Waters Ridge Drive Lewisville, Texas U.S.A.

Direct Source Distributing & TigerDirect ..Dont be sucked into this ripoff

I purchased a motherboard from TigerDirect Dec. 2000, and recieved it from Direct Source Distributing 2 weeks later, and the board would not boot.

I have been building and repairing PCs since 1995, but I could not get it to boot. I called Direct Source, because the invoice said to. And since then I found out Tiger has no support for their non Tiger systems.

I finally got it sent back, and 5 weeks later I got my suppose to be new one, and it did the exact same thing; the fans and lights came on, but it would not boot up, but I knew it was possible for 2 boards to have the same problem.

Last time I paid the shipping, but I carried on with the tech guy until he agreed to have it picked up. Yesterday it was 2-1/2 weeks since they picked it up, and guess what? Their now 3 for 3, and I am convinced they put the same board in a new box and shipped it right back, because it does the exact same thing.

I come to realize Im not getting a workable motherboard, but if I can warn just a few people about these 2 companies TigerDirect and Direct Source Distributing then Ill feel somewhat better.

Dont be sucked in by a very good deal, because most of the time your better off to pay more to go to a reputable company.

I talked to 3 different tech heads, and personally I couldnt work for someone I knew was ripping off their customers, but I guess it takes all kinds. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, now maybe I can get on with it. Ken Kirkland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Source-Distributing-TigerDirect/Lewisville-Texas/Direct-Source-Distributing-TigerDirect-Dont-be-sucked-into-this-ripoff-4695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Source Distributing & TigerDirect