Complaint Review: Direct Star TV

• Updated: Fri, January 03, 2014

• Reported By: Jeff — Yorba Linda California
Direct Star TV
Charlotte , North Carolina USA

Direct Star TV Directstartv Misrepresented themselves! Lied about actually being Direct TV Charlotte North Carolina

When I googled Direct TV, this company Direct Star TV was the first thing that came up on the results.  I clicked and their website looked like Direct TV.  I called and asked them specifically, "Am I speaking with Direct TV customer service?"  the polite woman on the phone said "YES."

I am a subscriber of Direct TV, and I finally got my Grandfather to get signed up as well.  After speaking with the Direct Star TV rep, everything was about completed.  I asked for my $100.00 "refer-a-friend" discount, and they told me that the refer-a-friend promotion is no longer going on.  I was very disappointed, because I recieved a notice in the mail from Direct TV only weeks before with the refer-a-friend promotion details!  It said that when you refer a friend to Direct TV and they sign up with at least the Entertainment Package, then you will and the referred person would receive $100.00 each in the form of invoice credits over a 10 month period.

The woman told me that I after my Grandfather's service was installed, then I could call Direct TV customer service and they would add the refer-a-friend discount to my account if it was available.  So after the install, sure enough, I called Direct TV customer service from my home phone...

I was told that the refer-a-friend discount is absolutely still going on, however, it must me added to the account at the time of the referral's sign up!  They said that unfortunately there is nothing they could do.  In fact, that's when they told me that I had not signed up through Direct TV at all, but we signed up with a company called Direct Star TV!

Don't Trust Direct Star TV!

-Furious becuase I hate being lied to...

Orange County, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Star-TV/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Direct-Star-TV-Directstartv-Misrepresented-themselves-Lied-about-actually-being-Direct-1112630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Star TV